ACCESS TO MY MEDICAL RECORDS
Patients over 16 can register at reception or complete an online regisration and the following online services will be available:
- Request an appointment online (via the NHS app)
- Order online, view and print a list of repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- View your full patient record (from 25th October 2023)
Before accessing your online medical records, there are a few other things to consider.
Although the chances of any of these things happening are very small, you are asked that you have read and understood the following before you are given login details.
- There may be something you have forgotten about in your records that you might find upsetting
Abnormal results or bad news
- If your GP has given you access to test results or letters, you may see something that you find upsetting. This may occur before you have spoken to your doctor or while the surgery is closed, and you cannot contact them.
Choosing to share your information with someone
- It's up to you if you share your information with others - perhaps family members or carers. It’s your choice, but also your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure.
If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time.
- Your medical record is designed to be used by clinical professionals to ensure that you receive the best possible care. Some of the information within your medical record may be highly technical, written by specialists and not easily understood. If you require further clarification, please contact the surgery for a clearer explanation.
Information about someone else
- If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible
Proxy Online Access
Patients can now nominate a third party to make or cancel appointments on their behalf. See our Proxy Access Information Leaflet (Word document). Patients and their proxy can complete the consent form and bring in to the practice along with the proxy user's id. Please note the service will only be available via a PC, it is not available on a laptop, mobile or tablet.
Proxy Consent Form - Adults - (Word document)
Consent to proxy access for parental access (Word document)