PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
What is a Patient Participation Group?
Did you know you belong to our patient group? As a patient of Langley Medical Practice you can have a view on the things that matter in your health service. Langley Medical Practice’s patient participation group is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
The purpose of a Patient Participation Group?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
Online Patient Reference Group
Would you like to have your say about the services provided at Langley Medical Practice but don't have the time to come to our meetings? Then you may like to join our Online Patient Group and help us shape the future.
We are very proud of our surgery and staff and although we try to do a good job we are always looking at ways to improve our service to our patients. So we are setting up an online patient participation group, to work with the existing PPG members, so that you can make suggestions about the way we deliver services to our patients.
We would like a wide range of our patients to take part so that the views are representative of the local population.
We would like to email you from time to time to ask your views and we would like as many patients as possible to take part - just leave us your email address and we will be in contact once or twice a year to ask you for your views and what you think is important.
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Our last PPG annual general meeting (open to all patients of the practice over 16) was on Monday 13th June 2022. Minutes to be published shortly.
If you are happy to be part of this group please apply to join online.
More information can be found at The National Association for Patient Participation website.